Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Friday 23 March 2007


I have to say that I am overwhelmed by the number of requests I have had for the lamb with wild mushroom recipe from my final menu. I don't think I will ever live down undercooking my lamb and my only excuse can be that I had flu on the last day and was just a bit fuzzy in the head. I am certain however that, even had I cooked my lamb properly, Steven would still have been crowned the rightful winner. Deservedly so as his final menu dishes were perfect. The recipe for the mushrooms can be found on the bbc food website at the following link http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/database/rackoflambwithwildmu_85852.shtml

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for that Hannah, that will be my next dinner party dish.x

Anonymous said...

Hannah - it is Freddie's mum from the great big veg challenge blog.
Would it be possible for me to email you? I wanted to ask you about one of your recipes.
charlotte.hume@talktalk.net

Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah,

Thanks so much for pointing us in the direction of this recipe with the mushrooms...I couldn't find it listed on the Masterchef section of the BBC website when I looked before! I shall be trying this along with your monkfish with cherry tomatoes.

Thanks again and hope you keep up the blog!
Jacq x

Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah

I caught the last two nights of Masterchef. It made wonderful TV but I was truly amazed by the talents of you three finalists and the skills you demonstrated. Preparing that dessert for all those famous chefs was truly amazing and how daunting must that have been? I have cooked all my life but could not hold a candle to your efforts. Brilliant!

You must be inundated with offers at the moment. I just wanted to add my congratulations but if you ever feel the urge I would like to publish some of your recipes on my web site www.hub-uk.com. If they are online just give me permission to copy them and I will do the rest or if you have a question about Hub-UK please email me - david@hub-uk.com

David

hazy said...

Link for rack of lamb with wild mushrooms no longer works. Can anyone email me the recipe to halves7@msn.com - much appreciated!