Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Thursday 22 March 2007

Last night my friend Jess and I decided to experiment with some cookies and this was the result!

Bounty Cookies (makes approximately 20)
4 1/2 oz butter, 12 oz self raising flour, pinch of salt, 200g caster sugar,
1 tbsp golden syrup, 1 egg, beaten, vanilla seeds from one vanilla pod or 1 tsp vanilla extract, 3 bounty bars chopped into small pieces

Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Melt the butter and syrup, pour over the dry ingredients and mix in. Leave the mixture to cool slightly. Mix in the beaten egg and stir through the bounty pieces. Place small balls of the cookie dough on baking trays lined with greaseproof paper and bake at Gas Mark 6/160 oC for 12 - 15 minutes until golden brown, turning the tray half way through to ensure even cooking.

No comments: