Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Thursday 12 April 2007



This recipe is for Robbie Hudson, an old friend from University and a self confessed "non pudding" person who has promised to try out one of my pudding recipes. So Robbie this is for you and as I now know that you are reading this blog (and posting replies) I fully expect an update when you have made this in due course (you have the excuse that peaches are not yet in season so I will give you until the summer to try it)!!

Baked Ameretto Peaches

100ml Disaronno Amaretto

6 peaches cut in half and stones removed

100grams butter, melted

200grams amaretti biscuits (I use Arden Doria), crushed and broken into small pieces

150grams golden marzipan, course grated

This is really simple to prepare. Mix the crushed amaretti biscuits and grated marzipan in a bowl. Pour over the hot melted butter and mix with your hands. The mixture should combine into a sticky dough. Take a small handful of the mixture and shape it over the cut side of one of the peach halves, so that you have a sphere (half peach, half amaretti mixture). Place in an oven proof baking dish and continue with the remaining peach halves. It is best to use a dish that fits the peaches quite tightly so that they don't move around too much when baking. Pour over the Amaretti and bake in a moderate oven (180oC/Gas Mark 4/Aga Roasting oven below the cold shelf) for approximately 25 minutes until the peaches are soft and the topping is golden brown. Toward the end of the cooking time, check that the peaches are not browning too much and if they are cover with silver foil to prevent them burning. Serve with creme fraiche or clotted cream with the amaretto cooking liquid spooned over the peaches. This is one of my favourite summer desserts and is equally good with nectarines.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hereby contract to make this - I will do it on the day of the first good nectarines.

Anonymous said...

I meant, also, thank you.