Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Tuesday 19 June 2007


Sometimes, weekends are filled with birthdays and last weekend was no exception. In addition to my Mum's birthday it was also Rosie Pea's first birthday. Rosie is my friend Jess' little girl and it seems hard to believe that a year ago I was babysitting for her brother Joshua Pickle (my food taster) whilst Jess was in hospital having Rosie. It makes you realise just how much can happen in a year!
So this was Rosie's first ever birthday cake - lots of pink and butterflies and edible baby pink glitter! She is definitely going to be a girlie girl!



Rosie Pea on her first birthday - loving the pink tissue paper more than her presents!

2 comments:

David Hall said...

I recognise those feathers Hannah - and the cake is almost as good as the one I made adourned with said feathers! Only joking, how can I compete with the Queen of the Cakes? Looks amazing, what a lucky little girl x

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't mind a cake like that for my birthday, and I'm certainly a lot older than one!

Amazing cake Hannah, as usual!