Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Monday 11 June 2007

Yesterday was Open Farm Sunday at Stagsden with wonderful craft and food stalls, animals, farm walks and cookery demonstrations from yours truly. There is something about cooking with the sound of geese gaggling loudly in the background which is rather fun!


I demonstrated four main courses (including THAT lavender and blueberry duck), three desserts and a cocktail - which all went down well. Liz Fryer of Delissimo then demonstrated some wonderful fish dishes - including beetroot cured salmon which was stunning! All in all a lovely way to spend a Sunday and thanks (yet again!) to my Mum for acting as sous chef in the demos!









3 comments:

blondiebombshell said...

Dear Hannah

What with your current love of all things violet, i was wondering if you would be able to come up with a recipe for bicuits that taste like chocolate violet creams. My mum adores these and i would very much like to be able to make a biscuit that reminds her of her favourite sweetie- preferably without actually chopping the chocolates up and puting them in the biscuit.
Thank you for any help you can give
Blondie xx

David Hall said...

Well done Hannah - welcome to the mad world of demonstration cookery! 40 kids for me today, I'm exhausted. Hope you thought it was fun.

x

Anonymous said...

Sounds a wonderful day! You really are livng the dream!