Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Monday 27 August 2007

So the day has finally arrived and we have all just been to take our produce to the village show in the church hall in the next village. 7 members of our village sewing circle went in convey, tooting our horns as we left the village (the rest of the village must have wondered what on earth was going on!) I don't think we realised quite how seriously these competitions are taken and the fruit and vegetables looked amazing. So here are a few of our entries - my shortbread, Jess, Alison and Pauline's photographs, Joshua's vegetable crocodile and panda, Ella's decorated gingerbread men, Pauline's flower arrangement, Barbara's courgettes and my jam! We are all going back at 3pm to see how we did and to have a cream tea in the village hall! Even if we don't win, we had so much fun today and I am sure we will all be entering again next year!







2 comments:

Figs, Bay, Wine said...

Hannah, this sounds like so much fun! It makes me homesick for the village shows we had in Crail (Fife), where I lived on and off until I was 16. It's just not the same over here - village life doesn't exist in the same way. Maybe everything's too new. Or too spread out. I can't wait to hear how it all went!

Marie Rayner said...

Ohh, everything looks so lovely! I am wondering how you all did! Good I hope! I used to enter the local fairs back home in Canada and have won blue ribbons for my baking powder scones, whoopie pies, embroidery etc. It's alot of fun, even when you don't win! I just love walking around and seeing everyone else's stuff!
marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/