Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Tuesday 4 September 2007


Christmas and Halloween have arrived early in our house this year (for today at least!) I have been up in the loft getting our decorations down. Today the photos are being taken for my next 4 articles for Country Kitchen. Thats a lot of cooking and baking and I am one exhausted cookie!! Halloween cupcakes, lots of lovely recipes with Damsons (including Damson Ripple Clotted Cream Ice Cream which was an experiment that worked!), Christmas puddings and an edible Christmas tree for the birds - I have been threading popcorn, peanuts, dried apple rings and making fat balls for the last two days!
Now must get back to finishing the duck with damson sauce and ironing table cloths so will leave you with a quick sneak preview of one of the cupcakes!

3 comments:

Rita said...

Now that I know where they hide the Country Kitchen at WH Smith I will definitely look for them. I can just imagine how tired you must be! Blessings!

Figs, Bay, Wine said...

Hard work, but so fun. I'm all for getting the holiday season off and running - it's my favorite time of year, and those cupcakes are fabulous.

Marie Rayner said...

Oh Hannah, it all sounds so wonderful! I would SO love to be doing what you are doing! Great looking cupcakes!