Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Friday 21 September 2007


If like me, you love winter cooking, then I just know you will adore Roast Figs, Sugar Snow, Food to Warm the Soul by Diana Henry. I am conscious that this probably seems like an advertising plug and that certainly isn't the intention but it is rare that I buy a cook book and immediately read it from cover to cover. This book has page after page of delicious winter recipes that just make you want to rush to the kitchen and start baking. It also has a recipe for making maple candies in the snow which - if like me - will give you flashbacks to Little House on the Prairie - I will definitely be making some if we have any snow this year!

4 comments:

Joanna said...

DH's Crazy Water Pickled Lemons is one of my favourite cookery books, so I'm not surprised to hear that her new one is good too. I look forward to hearing about the things you're cooking from it and its inspiration, since I can't go out and buy it - no spare money, no space!

Joanna
joannasfood.blogspot.com

Marie Rayner said...

Ohh Hannah, I have had this book for over a year now and it is one of my absolute favourites!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Julia said...

Thanks for the recommendation Hannah - this book caught my eye some time ago and I debated buying it but didn't. I'm going to add it to the list now!

Figs, Bay, Wine said...

I remember that scene in Little House so well! It was always one of my favorites. Thanks for the book recommendation - it sounds right up my alley.