Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Monday 17 September 2007


The last of our summer roses - how this year has flown by. I can't believe that Autumn is here already although I must admit that this (and winter) are my favourite time of year. I love having a log fire on and snuggling up warm, winter walks on a frosty day with leaves crunching below your feet...and all the Christmas cooking preparations - stocking the larder with mincemeat, jams and chutneys ready for the weeks before Christmas.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah, autumn is also my favourite time of the year. I am so looking forward to reading all your Christmas recipes... Vida x

Marie Rayner said...

I love the autumn myself. It seems to have crept up on us all of a sudden this year!

Joanna said...

What a lovely rose ... I'm sorry to hear that it's the last one in your garden for this year. My garden used to be like that too, then, about 10 years ago, I went to David Austen's rose garden (west of Birmingham, v close to the motorway, so easy to get to) in September, and chose plants. All his roses are scented and repeat flowering ... ever since then, I've had at least one rose to pick on Christmas Day, which gives me ENORMOUS pleasure (and a whole new meaning to the phrase Christmas rose!)

Joanna

Rita said...

Beautiful rose! Hannah, I made your chocolate coconut birthday cake to take to work today. It was yummy! I just love coconut! Thank you for the recipe!

Gloria Baker said...

Hannah autumn is my favorite time too!!!! but now we wait for the spring, that is nice here but too short, and the summer comes so fast!! I love your roses I wait for mine Hannah, I hope they will be beauty. I want to know how was your weekend with the family of your husband, your work a lot ???xxxxxxGloria

Figs, Bay, Wine said...

Getting Christmas food ready for feasting is one of my favorite times of year too! Maybe my all-time favorite actually.