Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Monday 22 October 2007


I just wanted to share my latest needlework project which I finished yesterday - hurrah! Until 4 weeks ago it was only just over half done so I am really proud of how much I have been able to stitch since then! What a relief to have finished it and to have added all the hundreds of beads and crystals - click on the photos for a close up. I know that my stitching buddies Susan, Julia and Jenny will be proud of me for finally getting it finished!

8 comments:

Vida said...

Just stunning Hannah, well done!!! Vida x x x

Marie Rayner said...

A beautiful piece of work Hannah! You should be very proud of that. I used to do a lot of counted cross stitch. My eyes no longer want to co-operate with me though and so I have sadly given it up. I used to really love the patterns by Shepherd's Bush. Your piece reminds me of them. Well done!

Rita said...

Hannah, I am saluting you! A lot of work went into that and it is beautiful. Love the colours too. Wow, well done!

Celia Hart said...

That's beautiful Hannah - what lovely subtle colours! What thread did you use - is it very fine wool? or silk? It reminds me of the exquisite Elizabehan embroideries in the V&A.

Have you started a new stitching project?

Celia

Anonymous said...

Spectacular! Congratulations on a lovely finish.

Anonymous said...

I'm very proud of you and it looks wonderful. I can't believe how quickly you finished it with all the beading you had to do. Looking forward to seeing it framed and on your wall.

Now the Christmas projects can begin!!!

susan said...

Oh wow Hannah --fantastic . What will it be made into? Susan xx

Figs, Bay, Wine said...

Just stunning, Hannah! Congratulations! I only know how to needlepoint (not cross stitch, etc), but it's something I really enjoy. What are you planning to use it for? I have 2 finished canvases I need to turn into pillows. Can't wait to have them done and on display.