Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Wednesday 9 January 2008

I had a lovely new dish for Christmas from my mum and this weekend I decided to make something yummy in it to christen it.

White chocolate and cinnamon bread and butter pudding

1/2 panattone, sliced or 10 slices of cinnamon raisin bread
125g butter, softened
3 large eggs and 1 extra egg yolk
400ml double cream
300ml milk
2 tbsp caster sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
100g white chocolate chips
100g raisins or sultanas
1 tbsp muscavado sugar

Butter the panattone or bread with the butter, retaining a small amount of the butter to dot the top of the pudding before baking. Grease a large shallow ovenproof dish and cover the bottom with a layer of the buttered bread. Sprinkle over the raisins and the chocolate chips and top with the remaining bread. In a large jug mix together the eggs, cream, cinnamon, milk and caster sugar. Pour the cream mixture over the bread and leave for a few minutes to soak. Depending on the size of your dish, you may not need all of the cream mixture. Sprinkle over the muscavado sugar and dot with the remaining butter. Bake in a warm oven Gas Mark 5/190C/Aga roasting oven for 30/40 minutes until golden. Serve with custard or cream.

1 comment:

Marie Rayner said...

Oh yum ... bread pudding, chocolate, two of my weaknesses rolled into one. LOoks fantastic and the bowl ain't bad either!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/