Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Friday 6 June 2008

AroundBritainwithaPaunch have tagged me for a Meme

Here are the rules...

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.

2. Share 5 facts about yourself.

3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).

4. Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment at their Blogs.

It hardly feels like there are 5 facts about me that you don't know already, but here you go:

1. I play the harp but not very well! I have a lovely old 19th Centuary harp by Erard that my harp teacher found languishing in an old barn and restored for me. It is rickety but I love it. When the weather is good I take it out into the orchard and play - the birds sing back or so I like to think!

2. I do not like bananas, raw tomatoes or egg mayo sandwiches. I used to share an office at my old law firm with Panos. He was a really good friend and lovely chap but every day (without fail) he used to have an egg sandwich and a banana for lunch. The smell used to drive me mad. I resorted to having aromatherapy oils in the office - the smell used to drive him mad! We reached a happy medium!

3. My favourite hen is Black Rook (odd name I know - I have no idea where it came from). She is a dear little thing and very tame. I know I shouldn't have favourites. She weighs about a third of the other hens - who are all enormous. She will sit on my lap and likes to be stroked. Occasionally I bring her into the house to keep me company - my husband doesn't know this and would be cross if he did!

4. I have written 116 of my 365 cake and cookie recipes for the book - I counted this morning. I am not sure whether I am on target but hope I am. It is lovely but hard work! My favourite chapter is the Children's Baking Chapter.

5. We rented Clytha Castle in Wales for our honeymoon - we had the whole place to ourselves which was magical. I am convinced it was haunted and I am sure I saw a ghost.

Over to you, I tag :

More than Burnt Toast
Ritas Baking Tray
Domestic Goddess in Training
A Pot of Tea and a Biscuit
Food Glorious Food

3 comments:

Rita said...

Oh dear.... thanks for tag... I will work on it this weekend. Haven't done much to my baking tray... more my snapshot blog. :)

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I don't know if anything I have to say about myself would be as exciting as yours but I will see what I can do..thanks for the tag Hannah:D

Marie Rayner said...

Had lots of fun reading these things about you this morning Hannah! I'd be sneaking the hen into the house too . . . she looks a dear one!