Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Monday 30 June 2008

Summer Rose Punch


What a weekend! So much baking that I can hardly move today!!! Talk about suffering for your passion! However, it was all worthwhile as our afternoon teas and canape evenings were a great success! I will post a little more about them when I have a few photos from Kathy to show you. In the meantime, this is one of the recipes from our edible flower cookery demonstrations - a Rose Summer Punch. It looked so lovely with the petals floating on the top!

Summer Rose Punch
Makes 1 punch bowl - serves 15 - 20
1 bottle rose wine
1 bottle sparkling wine
1 bottle sparking mineral water
1 ladle of rose liquor (or substitute 1 ladle of vodka)
1 ladle of rose syrup
1 punnet of strawberries, sliced
rose petals (which have not been sprayed with any insecticides)
ice cubes (frozen with small flowers in would make this punch even more spectacular)

Add all the ingredients to a large bowl and float the rose petals on top. Serve in large tumblers with lots of ice for a refreshing summer cocktail!

6 comments:

Rita said...

Oh wow.... how pretty! Amazing actually!

Marie Rayner said...

That punch looks amazing Hannah! I really enjoyed reading and seeing your lovely strawberry Recipes in this month's Country Kitchen magazine!

Anonymous said...

great site Hannah, I've only just stumbled upon it. I cook with all the stuff I grow in our garden and I grow a wide selection all year round so its like having my own veggie box.

Joanna said...

Lovely, as ever, Hannah. Can you give more details about the rose liqueur an the rose syrup, like a brand name, or even the name of the shop where you found them? We have a party coming up, and I'd like to serve this in the garden

Joanna

Hannah said...

Joanna
I get all my flavoured syrups and liquors from www.drinkon.com - the rose liquor is by briottet and the rose syrup by monin. If you type rose into the search engine it will come up with them all. They have other more expensive rose liquors which I will definitely try at some point. If you are ordered, the very best thing they do it the violet liquor - also by briottet (just search violet). This is just heavenly with sparkling wine - we served it at our afternoon teas and it was very popular. I am not on commission honest!!!
Thanks Rita, Marie and Laura for your lovely comments too!
Hannah
xxx

Joanna said...

Thanks Hannah, just about to make an order ... I'll start with rose, although the violet sounds good, too

Joanna