Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Tuesday 29 July 2008

Clotted Cream Lemon Curd Ice Cream

In this glorious sumer weather, ice cream is a must in our house hold. I am very lucky to have been given a super dooper "instantly ready to freeze" ice cream machine by my husband earlier this year - no longer are we restrained by having to wait 8 hours for the bowl to freeze! One of our favourites is a tub of greek yoghurt frozen with some honey and chopped nuts. It is ready in 20 minutes! We all loved this lemon curd ice cream so much that it had all gone before we had a chance to take a picture!

225g clotted cream
200ml double cream
300ml greek yoghurt
2 tbsp caster sugar
1 jar good quality lemon curd

Place all the ingredients (but only half the lemon curd) into a bowl and mix to a smooth cream. Freeze in an ice cream maker until just set then stir through the remaining lemon curd to make lemon ribbon swirls through the ice cream. Transfer to a tub in the freezer to set. If you do not have an icecream maker, place the mixture in a tub in the freezer and whisk every 20 minutes until the ice cream is almost set and then fold in the remaining lemon curd.

4 comments:

Beth (jamandcream) said...

Mum has just given me a jar of her homemade lemon curd (one of my very favourite things). This looks delicious - but very naughty. I made a raspberry yogurt ice cream last week, with greek yogurt and it was fantastic. Buying an ice cream maker was definitely worthwhile.

Milhan said...

Oh my...this looks sinful!

I have an ice cream maker too...

Marie Rayner said...

That sounds delicious Hannah. I am going to have to get myself one of those ice cream machines! I hardly ever use the one that I have because I have to freeze the insert overnight before I can use it.

busyhands said...

new to ice cream making but this looks like the lemony ice cream that I could once get on Malta. Will remind me of holidays. Might try putting in crab apple jelly ,a very English and home made jam