Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Tuesday 5 August 2008

You will have to forgive the lack of new recipes on this blog at the moment - sorry! My excuse is that my life has been taken over by recipe testing. I tested 43 cake and cookie recipes at the weekend - everything from Christmas tree biscuits to Duck Pond cookies. I am thinking of renaming myself the Bionic Baker! Here are Rosie and Alfred having tested lots and lots of samples - well the icing and sweets! The testing is becoming far more systematic, with 141 recipes tested and another 30 being tested by my kind volunteers as I type. We are almost half way which is such a relief!!!


6 comments:

David Hall said...

Hannah - you could always send a box of samples up for ya Geordie friends here to sample? Please? :o)

x

Milhan said...

I'm sure it is a supreme sacrifice, not to mention a total hardship, for your friends and neighbors to be helping you out this way.... :D

Unknown said...

Absolutely no fair! I want to be a tester with a big, cold, galss of milk! I can't wait for the recipes.

Tammy said...

Your cookies look great! I have just come across your blog and as a fellow lawyer I am envious of your double life! How much lawyering are you still doing?

Hannah said...

Thanks All for your lovely comments! Cold glass of milk and cookies is just the best thing in the world.

Tammy - I am still lawyering 5 days a week - I must be mad!!!

Elke said...

Can't wait for the book to be published. You have to announce the date soon as I am drooling as we 'speak'....

Elke