Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Thursday 30 October 2008

Halloween tomorrow - is it me or does every shop seem full of halloween goodies this year - far more than I can ever remember. We are having our Halloween party for Josh Rosie Lily and Zara tomorrow evening. Lili's Mum says that she is looking forward to it as much as Christmas given the number of cakes there were last year. I hope she isn't disappointed! I have found some wonderful halloween finger puppets for parcel the parcel and curly halloween straws for supping on bats blood.
This is the table from our Halloween party - the invitations were whole pumpkins, with a green leaf attached to the top with green raffatia and a note saying please carve me and bring me to the party. There were some wonderful creations. We had great fun decorating the table with lots of orange berries, cobwebs, halloween crackers, streamers and flying pumpkin place names one of Martha Stewart's wonderful ideas.

6 comments:

Milhan said...

It's actually nice to see all of the Halloween decorations -usually, by this time of year the shops are already pushing Christmas!

Happy Halloween!

Jules of Whimsicalnotions blog said...

Hi Congratulations i followed you on masterchef and it only finished here In Australia today,i was sad you didnt win but loved the winner anyway.So i looked you up hoping you had done well and you have.Loving your blog am having a nice visit.
Happy Halloweem
Jules

Anonymous said...

Hi Hannah!

Like jules above me, Masterchef just finished on Australian television today - i have been recording it as i became so engrossed with who would win! I think your food looked amazing, and i was hoping you would win, but well done for getting so far (and making good television). I decided to look and see what you have been up to since then, and i'm delighted you have a blog.

Cheers.

Marie Rayner said...

Looks lovely Hannah! I bet everyone will have a great time!

Anonymous said...

I have loved watching Masterchef on Australian TV. Watching your journey was so inspiring! Wonderful to find your blog and cant wait to see your cookbook!

Tracy

Anonymous said...

Zara and I can't wait!!! See you later. xx