Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Thursday 19 March 2009

I always keep my eyes open for new cake decorations. Sometimes a really pretty chocolate with a dusting of edible glitter will transform an ordinary buttercream covered cupcake or muffin. These little white chocolate disks with sugar hearts looked just lovely on cupcakes that I took to the publishers last week - a fairy cake in the true sense of the word! They were in the Mother's day gift section at Waitrose in case anyone is interested (I am not on commission - honest!)

3 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

Oh, I am going to Waitrose this afternoon, and will be sure to check them out. They look lovely on your cupcakes. I am always looking to add something to my repetoire of cake decorating goodies!

Celia Hart said...

You took them to a meeting with a publisher - no wonder you're their fave author ;-)

Celia
x

Jules said...

They are beautiful toppers for cakes. I'm near a Waitrose at the weekend and will have to pop in and see if I can find them.