Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Monday 9 March 2009

Last week I gave two cookery demos - the second one on Friday evening was unexpectdly for 95 people - luckily I found out with a few hours to spare (I was expecting 40 people) and was able to make enough lavender shortbread and other things for them all to have a try. By the end of the week I was exhausted! With the sun shining on Saturday and a quiet weekend ahead of us (what a treat) I decided to make some lemonade as it was gloriously sunny. Needless to say that by yesterday it was snowing and hailing - I had clearly aggrevated the weather gods by daring to presume that summer was on its way and making lemonade. Anyway - it was yummy so perhaps when the days are warmer you might like to try this. I love the way this drink transforms in colour!!!

Fresh Blueberry Lemonade
Serves 6
5 lemons
150g fresh blueberries
4 tbsp caster sugar

Peel large strips of lemon peel (making sure that you remove as much of the white pith as possible as this will make the lemonade bitter) from 2 of the lemons and place in a heatproof jug together with the juice of all the lemons. Cut all the blueberries in half and add to the jug with the sugar. Pour over 400ml of boiling water and leave for 2 hours until the sugar has dissolved and the lemonade has turned a wonderful purple colour. Top up with ice and cold water to serve.

7 comments:

Alex said...

Looks delicious! I love the pinky tinge from the blueberries!

♥Rosie♥ said...

Your lemonade sounds and looks gorgeous Hannah. I just adore your glass jug it shows your colourful pinkie lemonade to perfection.

Milhan said...

Those weather gods can be very temperamental! :D

Lucy said...

Wow I adore homemade lemonade but have never had blueberry lemonade before! Looks lovely.

Marie Rayner said...

Oh my Hannah! That looks wonderfully delicious and such a pretty colour too!!

David Hall said...

95 - pah! Try 250 7 year olds :o)

Hope you are well. Did you get the chance to check my new website?

x

Le laquet said...

Yum in any weather!