Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Tuesday 3 March 2009

This weekends' baking project was a garden cake. It was similar to the allotment cake I made last year but much larger and I think I like it more. My favourite parts were the apple tree and pear espalier around the base of the cake! It only took two hours to decorate which I think is pretty good going and this included making all the seed packets and the tiny newspaper (all downloaded from google image searches for seed packets and mini newspapers). I will definitely be making this cake again!

13 comments:

Tammy said...

wow! that is amazing. How on earth did you make such lovely, intricate decorations?

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cake, and amazing detail.

Marie Rayner said...

Oh Hannah!!! Your cake is amazing and so beautiful! What a lucky person to be getting that! You are so very talented and unique!

The Ample Cook said...

Hannah,this is a masterpiece! The detail is just incredible.

Well done you!!!!

Teresa said...

Wow that is amazing.

Celia Hart said...

Love the details - a triumph!


Celia
x

Michelle said...

Wow! Hannah, this is genius!

Rita said...

Amazing!! If it was my cake I wouldn't have cut it ... will just keep on looking at it.

Stately As Two Galleons said...

This cake is a work of art. I love your marrows! (I think that's the first time I've ever told anybody that.)

Lucy said...

Wow thats amazing! What a very lucky Peter to get that glorious cake.

Anne said...

That cake looks amazing! so much detail, puts my glace topped cakes to shame! :)

Laura Lee said...

Beautiful!! My kids were mesmerized with the detail as much as I, wondering, "What if she sent that to us? Would we eat it or just look at it all day long?" I admit, I'd be torn. :D

Anonymous said...

I. Love. This. Cake.