Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Monday 27 April 2009

What a lovely and relaxing break we had - sadly after a morning back at work the holiday to Port Logan feels like a distant memory! We stayed in a perfect cottage that I would recommend wholeheartedly to anyone wanting to visit this part of Scotland. The view from every window in the house was amazing and with hares running through the garden and surrounding fields, I don't think we could have picked a more perfect spot. A rugged coastline with empty beautiful beaches, wonderful birds and wildlife. Our trip to the smokery was a great success - we ate the best fish and chips ever - salmon fillets smoked and battered - delicious and left with bags of smoked kippers, goats cheese and chicken! Whilst we had lots of lovely food, I had trouble understanding what must be a local delicacy "cheesy chips" that were on offer everywhere we went - chips with grated cheese on - not something I was keen to try! Port Logan was every bit as lovely as it was on the TV programme and we enjoyed spotting all the film locations. We will definitely go back some time soon





3 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

Looks like you had a wonderful holiday Hannah! I am hoping to get to Scotland one day. Over in Canada they have a delicious dish called Poutine, which is hot chips covered with hot gravy and cheese curds. It is to die for!

Marie Rayner said...

PS. I meant to add the cheese gets all stringy and goopy and it just tastes wonderful!

Furniture removals said...

nice blog hannah!