Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Monday 11 May 2009

This weekend was our village school's May Fete. With Maypole Dancing and Morris Dancing it was a lovely country affair. Not quite as grand as the May Fair at Ickwell that we went to last year but there is something about a village fete to warm the cockles of your heart. There are only 62 children in our village school but I think this is a good thing - the older children and younger children mix so well together. We were treated to Tai Kwando demonstrations and rice crispy cakes for 5p. What a nice way to spend a Saturday afternoon!

2 comments:

Rita said...

Lovely Hannah! Your community sounds such a great place to live! Love all these traditions.

mackenzie kate said...

Hi Hannah!

I have just recently become obsessed with masterchef 2007, as I am in between jobs at the moment and have had 2 weeks off so I have been watching it on the goodfood network. I really loved you guys! Anyways... I just watched the finale and then was interested in finding out what you guys are up to now and found Steven's blog and then yours. :) so that's how I ended up here, and then i have been reading all your posts and relaized that you live near me! (thank god i start my new job monday... i am not used to having so much time on my hands :) ) Anyways, I am actually from Southern California and moved to bedford almost 2 years ago. But my boyfriend grew up in Ickwell and my auntie and uncle live in that village... i'm sure you are waiting for me to get to the point :) Hannah would you mind sharing with me what you think are the best places to shop for food. Markets, butchers, mongers, flowers, kitchen shops... anything you could recommend would be very much appreciated. I am very much a foodie and since moving to england I have really been spending a lot of time in the kitchen and am always looking for new places to buy ingredients! Congratulations on your book! I will look forward to purchasing it!

Kindest Regards,

mackenzie xx

mackenziemoder@mac.com