Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Thursday 18 June 2009

At the risk of demonstrating that I am a "one trick pony" this is the cake I made yesterday for friend's little girl Rosie who was three. The garden cake made a second appearance but this time as a round rather than ring cake, topped with a unicorn, transforming it into a magical meadow cake! I am sure that this shows the versitility of the cake, rather than demonstrating that I was being lazy and using up the sweets from the last garden cake!!!! Anyway Rosie loved it and it looked perfect for a whole 5 minutes while she blew out the candles and then almost all of the sweets and most of the icing were gobbled! Happy Birthday Rosie-Pea xxxx

No comments: