Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Wednesday 29 July 2009

I am now in full swing preparing for our Alice in Wonderland Tea at the weekend - 60 guests - what a lot of baking to do! These are the little golden sugar pocket watch cake decorations I have made this evening - now I know that they pale into insignificance compared to Heston Blumenthal's real gold watch soups he made on his Feast programme - but I am proud of these all the same. They are coloured by my edible golden lustre spray from America - soooo cool! I have also made 60 "Eat Me" boxes to contain the mushroom and popping candy cupcakes that will be on each guests plate as they arrive. It is all getting very exciting! The menu is as follows:

Alice in Wonderland Mad Hatter's Tea Party

Dodo egg delights
Eat Me Stuffed Mushrooms
Old Father Williams Relish toasts
Fish footman “Dear Little Crab” tarts
Not enough pepper beau-ootiful soo-ouup
Mustard Mine Ham Sandwiches and Cucumber Sandwiches

Down the Rabbit Hole Cupcakes
Pocket Watch cupcakes
Eat Me Cakes
Looking glass biscuits
Treacle Well Biscuits
The Duchess' Melba Scones (with clotted cream home made peach preserves and raspberries)
Queen of Hearts garden fancies
Playing Card Millefuilles
Mouse in the pool of tears cupcakes
Stolen Jam Tarts – Off with their heads if anyone eats them
Cheshire Cat Cakes
Garden seedling and gravel cakes
Mock Turtle cakes
Flamingo biscuits – Anyone for croquet?
Maids of Honour Tarts
Flower Meringues from the Queens Garden of Live Flowers

Drink Me Lemonade
Sorry No Wine Available – but Pimms
“Twinkling Tea” (dormouse excluded)

I think the tickets are all sold but if anyone is interested in coming you could check with Kathy whether she has had any cancellations

6 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

That sounds like a wonderful "Feast" Hannah! I hope you share some pictures with us all!

Rita said...

Wow, wow, wow .... what fun ... and a lot of work. May the sun shines brightly and this wonderful day!

Thrifty Gal said...

Wow, those look fantastic Hannah!

The Curious Cat said...

Wow - I hope you put up pictures of all the lovely food!

Lucy said...

Your tea party sounds so much fun - what a feast! I hope you share picture of all the lovely food listed, and hope also that the weather clears up :)

The Wandering Pit said...

Sounds marvellous,Hannah! I wish they did something similar where I live!!Would love to see some pics of all the delicious food!