Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Monday 3 August 2009

Some of the treats from our Mad Hatter Tea, Flamingo biscuits, delicious jam tarts made by my wonderful mum who helped out so much (thank you Mum xxx), edible playing card millefeuilles, Eat Me cakes which were on each persons plate as they arrived, looking glass mirrors, pocket watch cakes, tiny meringues, down the rabbit hole cupcakes (inspired by one of the entrants in Slice of Cherry Pie's Easter Bake Up), cupcakes with playing card sprinkles and gravel cakes with edible pebbles and oreo mud. The Looking Glass Biscuits were my favourites! I probably don't need to tell you how much fun I had designing and baking all these goodies - a LOT! You would think after baking for 60 people I would be all baked out but I am now merrily thinking about next years theme - Wind in the Willows? Winnie the Pooh? Magic Faraway Tree? Harry Potter.....so many possibilities. Magic Faraway Tree is my favourite idea so far - saucepan cookies, toffee shock biscuits and things from the land of sweets.



11 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

What a wonderful array of delicious looking treats Hannah! Well done everyone!

The Ample Cook said...

Hannah, these are fabulous. What a clever girl you are.

Anonymous said...

Hannah you are truly amazing and an inspiration. These cakes look fantastic. What an imagination you have to create such fabulous treats. I don't know how you do it all - I am in awe.
Aoife xx

Anonymous said...

Gosh Hannah, you are an artist of note!
Beautiful work. Well done to you and your Mum.
Almost a shame to eat them, but I bet they tasted as good as they looked :-)

Heatherfeather said...

This all turned out so cute. I love all the nice touches. The butterfly cakes look simply lovely.

Rita said...

Beautiful! Almost feel as if I was there ... glad I wasn't as I would have eaten the lot! What fun!!

The Curious Cat said...

nom, nom -so want to eat ALL of that! So beautifully done and decorative - you must have had such fun creating it all! xxx

Fi said...

Magic faraway tree was mine and my sister's favourite book growing up!

Huguenot Girl said...

Everthing was absolutely amazing - almost too beautiful to eat (although we certainly did eat everything - I didn't have any dinner on Saturday evening as I was too stuffed)! A truly memorable afternoon! My aunt (who was one of the birthday "girls"), Mum and I had a fantastic time (think Kathy has already passed on our thanks). Anyway definitely think you should go for the Magic Faraway Tree for next year - it was the only Enid Blighton book I read but I L.O.V.E.D it! Nx

Hannah said...

Thank you all for your lovely comments - it certainly was a memorable day. Glad you enjoyed the event Nicole. Kathy and I will keep you posted about the next tea - Kathy's suggestion is Beatrix Potter which would be very sweet indeed! We'll see
Hannah
xxx

The Wandering Pit said...

Everything looks beautiful and totally yummy!Wish I could've been there! The Magic Faraway Tree sounds like a great idea for the next theme-it was one of my favourite books too!