Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Tuesday 3 November 2009

Isn't it funny how, as you close a chapter of your life, you immediately start to see things that should have been in that chapter! Last week I bade a fond farewell to my little sundae book, which, after final edits and my first look at the photographs, has gone off to be printed. I am so pleased with the pictures - Steve the styalist did a wonderful job - the plum crumble sundae is my favourite picture of all - pink and duck egg blue/green props and linen and the most enormous sundae I have ever seen! But of course, no sooner was the book finished and gone to print, then I found these perfect dainty ice cream dishes in Norfolk at the weekend - they would have looked so cute in the book and are just the perfect size for one scoop of ice cream or sorbet. With the book done and dusted, I struggled to convince anyone that they were an essential purchase but I bought them all the same! I love the little glass saucer at the bottom - perfect for resting a langue de chat or tuile biscuit on for munching with the ice cream. This is the simple strawberry ice cream from the book - alas if I told you the recipe now the publishers would be cross and I wouldn't want that - but as it is cold and rainy this week, I am sure you won't be too disappointed!

2 comments:

Tracy Golightly-Garcia said...

Hannah
I wish you luck with your new book!Have you thought about doing a book on the recipes you have put on your blog?? I think it would be a big hit.

Best
Tracy :)

Livet i Fattighuset said...

I love the little glass container! Wall done you for buying them :-)
Love to read your blog!

Best wishes on your book from Marie in Norway.