Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Tuesday 10 November 2009

Last week I received a copy of this book in the post - link here. It is written by lovely Katie Ledger who works for BBC Click amongst other things. The reason I was sent the book was because this little blog is featured in it! Katie has written about the art of portfolio careers - which is apparently what I have - combining blogging, food writing, cooking with being a lawyer - and also about branding yourself which is where this blog comes in. So in honour of this, a big Thank You is due to you - my friendly blog readers - as without you this blog would definitely not exist! I am so grateful to you all for your lovely comments. I know that I rarely get time to reply to them, but I do read them all and really appreciate your thoughts and comments and knowing that you will pop by to read gives me the incentive to keep going. So give yourselves a pat on the back - a heartfelt thank you from me to each and every one of you xxxx Katie concludes the section on my blog by saying "If you are a secret cake lover, we strongly suggest you visit Hannah's blog. It's incredible what she can do with a Victoria sponge..." Thanks Katie - too kind!

6 comments:

Katy said...

You well deserve it Hannah! I don't usually leave comments, but do read it all - and Mom back at home reads it too and she loves it! It's like your blog opens up a different world - yes, it's as good as that! :-)

Katy B. xx

Alex said...

How cool is that mention? I've been meaning to check out the book... Well done you!

Rita said...

You ARE pretty amazing and gifted Hannah ... not to talk about your lovely cross stitches that you roll out every now and again!

Celia Hart said...

How exciting to be a multi-tasking role model!

Celia
x

PS - do you read Country Living? take a peep at page 18 of the December issue! I'm so excited!

Anonymous said...

You deserve it indeed. It's amazing what you. I often wonder when and how you do all this. And even while you're so busy, the pictures on your blog often leave impressions of cosiness, peace and tranquility. Do you have Hermione's time turner, perhaps ?

Sheƫra

Charlotte at Great Big Veg Challenge said...

Fantastic - so pleased about this
charlotte
xx