Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Friday 8 January 2010

One of my favourite parts of our trip to NY was a visit to Alice's Tea Cup - an Alice in Wonderland Themed Cafe. The only downside was having to was 1 1/4 hours for a table but the wait was worth it as the food was delicious. My favourite were the spiced pumpkin muffins with toffee glaze - I am planning on attempting these myself soon so will post the recipe - and I also loved the dear little teapot drip catchers/lid holders decorated with birds cats and butterflies. Needless to say I now have a little cat on my tea pot at home as they sold them in the shop. If you are ever in New York and want to visit they website link is here - the Mad Hatter Tea was $19 per person for two people sharing. Booking recommended unless you don't mind waiting as long as we did. I don't think the food and rooms were quite as imaginatively decorated as Kathy and My Tea party last summer but then I am biased!

4 comments:

Heatherfeather said...

Oh such adorable teapots! I recently ate at a US tearoom (in FL) and it was also quite charming (although not quite as nice as the Alice place you went to). I am also trying to recreate some of the goodies from my tray. One of the things I am working on recreating now is their pumpkin treat - a ginger cookie with a creamy pumpkin topping.

Rita said...

Lovely Hannah - nothing like a wonderful tea. Had afternoon tea at the Luton Hoo today - so enjoyed it!

Eva-L said...

Hi Hannah!
I'm finally watching you on Masterchef (we're a bit behind in Sweden ...) and it's such fun. The show's brilliant and you are precious!

HAWTHORN HALL said...

The teapots are so lovely...your blog is wonderful...feel like heading out to the bakery now!

Gillian