Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Tuesday 27 July 2010

Blueberry Lemon and Limeade

I made this lemonade at the weekend for our nephews and nieces who came to visit on Sunday. They loved it so I thought I would share the recipe with you. It is the perfect drink for summer!

150g blueberries
5 lemons
5 limes
200g caster sugar
borage flowers to decorate
ice

Slice each blueberry in half and place in a large heat proof jug or bowl. Using a vegetable peeler or zest remove the zest of 3 lemons and 3 limes (taking care not to include any of the white pith as this is bitter). Add to the jug, with the juice of all the citrus fruit and the sugar. Pour over 500ml of boiling water, stir well and leave to cool. When cool top up with cold water (how much will depend on how strong you want your lemonage - I used about 1 1/2 litres), lots of ice and decorate with borage flowers.