Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Thursday 29 July 2010

I know it is a somewhat sad thing to confess to but I do love Glee. I am sure it is not everyone's cup of tea but I do love naff singing musicals! Luckily our niece does too so I had the perfect excuse to be Glee-ful last weekend for her birthday! The cake was a treacle carrot cake - my brother had sent me the recipe from America saying it was the best cake he had ever eaten. I think if you loved treacle it would be heavenily but I am not a big fan of treacle at all. Still everyone else seemed to like it. Topped with cream cheese orange frosting, maple popcorn and cheerleading pompom style foil wands, it did just the trick!

3 comments:

Brownieville Girl said...

Have to admit I'm a closet Glee fan too!!!

Love the cake

sadie said...

I've only seen one episode of Glee, but it looked good fun to me. I used to be a h-u-g-e fan of the Kids from Fame back in the day :O) I can still be found singing along to 'starmaker' 'hi-fidelity' and 'I still believe in me'.

Now that isn't just a sad admission, but totally tragic! :O)

sadie said...

and after my stroll down memory lane, I forgot to say how fab your cake looks!