Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Friday 10 September 2010

I received some lovely news yesterday afternoon - Ryland Peters and Small have very kindly offered to publish two more of my book ideas! One on gluten free baking (my friend Lucy is so thrilled at the thought of tasting all the recipes for me - I think she is more excited than I am about the book which is saying something as I am VERY excited) and another baking one which is slightly quirky and very me (will share more details when I am allowed to). I can't quite believe that this means I will have three new books coming out next year with Whoopies in Spring and these two in Autumn - I think I can call myself a food writer now! How lovely to be working with Julia from RPS again and to whip up some new delicious recipes for her. She is just one of the nicest people to work with! I have told the hens that they are under strict orders to lay well for the next month or so as I will be needing a lot of eggs. As always, dear Blog readers, I will keep you posted with progress - nearly a hundred recipes to be prepared in the next few weeks and months - its going to be a little hectic!

4 comments:

Celia Hart said...

You have great ideas and deliver on time - believe me you are an editor's dream ;-)

And you deserve your success!

Celia
x

Snowy said...

Many congratulations Hannah, that's great news. Look forward to buying the new books.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! You deserve every success as you work so hard and are so creative with your baking ideas. The gluten free book will be a big treat in our famly with so many who can't eat gluten. I wish you every success in these adventures.
Aoife xxx

Rita said...

Well done Hannah!