Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Monday 8 November 2010

It is a while since I found any time to write on my blog. I have been very upagainst it with deadlines for the last few weeks. The good news is that "Mini Cakes and other sweet treats" has been submitted and I have almost finished 2/3rd of the gluten free baking book. I look forward to the day when it is finished and I can relax a little like peapod in this picture. Have you ever seen a more contented cat - lying upside down legs in the air and fast asleep. I now have to prepare for a cookery demonstration on Thursday and then the Good Food Show on Saturday and Sunday - trying not to get nervous.... I am going to be demonstrating pastry and cake decorating and also whoopie pies - hope I can remember how to make whoopie pies - it has been a while! Do come and say hello if you are at the show!

5 comments:

Celia Hart said...

Gosh - you are an impressive author! Lucky editors and designers!
(I'm scarred by my previous life working for a publisher and having to catch up time because authors submitted manuscripts late - aarghhhh!)

I have two 'studio assistants' here sound asleep in their baskets, cosy and warm while the storm rages outside.

Good luck with all your projects :-)
Celia
x

Rose H (UK) said...

Peapod is really THE most adorable cat!
Hope you have a great time at Good Food, and are able to concentrate on those recipes for the book...I'd never get anything done, I'd be to busy smiling at Peapod!

Cooking The Books said...

Coming to Masterchef live on Sunday. In a past life I was one of the chef's table critics for your semi final! Will try to see your demo.

Cats know when they are onto a good thing. That cat looks totally blissed out.

Patricia (La Chatte Gitane) said...

You are a very busy bee, Hannah. How many hours do you have in a day, I wonder ? ;-)
I come to your blog from time to time to admire your works of yummy art.
Peapod is just cute, almost seems eddible, so cute. Not that I eat cats, for your information !
Keep going, for I am just one of many that loves to read your blog.

Tracy Golightly-Garcia said...

Sweet!