Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Saturday 25 December 2010

Happy Christmas One and All. I hope that you are all having a very festive day with friends, family and loved ones. The snow has caused a few problems for us over the last few weeks in the UK - Sadly my brother should be here with us today with his wife Amy and they are stuck in New York as their flight was cancelled due to the snow - we miss them very very much. Secondly we have had no internet for nearly two weeks - naughty snow. It is such a relief to be at my Mums and online again! Anyway, despite my brother not being here we have had a lovely morning - lots of chocolate and our traditional bacon sandwiches and bucks fizz. I must have been good this year as Santa bought me lots of lovely presents. I have just given my Mum her Christmas present - a 12 days of Christmas sampler although I have given her so many samplers already that there very little wall space left in her house! I must remember this next year! This is a long thin one which I stitched in 3 weeks (a record stitching session as I had very little time with all the gluten free baking - I have never ever stitched so much so fast!) I think I may have to stitch one for myself next! Hope you all have a very special day and stay warm xxxx

5 comments:

Tracy Golightly-Garcia said...

Hello Hannah

The sampler is beautiful--do you make these and sell them??

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Best
Tracy :)

Figs, Bay, Wine said...

Hi Hannah. I was just thinking of you and wanted to stop in. The sampler is exquisite! I'm so sorry your brother couldn't make it but Merry Christmas!

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Lovely gift!

EnglishRose said...

What a lovely sampler! Is it from a kit pattern? If so, may I be very cheeky and ask the name/pattern, please? I'd love to make one for my mother (and one for myself too!) TIA.

Hannah said...

Hi All
Thanks for the lovely comments. English Rose - this is a chart and threadpack from Victoria Sampler - a canadian company. They are available in the US on www.stitchingbitsandbobs.com or the UK at www.sewandso.co.uk
Happy Stitching!
Hannah
xxx