Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Friday 28 January 2011

Earlier this week I was invited to Kathy Browns for a tea party. Regular readers of this blog will know how fond I am of Kathy and her passion for cooking with edible flowers. Needless to say when I arrived, the table was set with many yummy things to eat - after the day I had had at work it was like stepping into a really nice dream! Delicious hazelnut, goat's cheese and fennel pate, chorizo bread, two different types of jelly - blueberry and violet and orange jellies served in orange skins like we used to have when we were children and ginger cake. I took a gluten free plum and blueberry cake and it got the seal of approval (which is a good thing as it is going to be on the cover of my gf book!) My favourite of all was of course the violet jellies - they looked so pretty in the elegant glasses topped with violet flowers and fresh blueberries. Kathy had just used a blackcurrent jelly and had flavoured it with violet syrup - so simple but utterly delicious and I had forgotten how nice it is to eat jelly! Served alongside was fresh cream flavoured with violet liqueur. Heaven! Thank you again Kathy xxx Kathy has been making honey marmelade with her own honey and has a lovely post about it on her blog if you want to drop by and have a look http://www.kathybrowngarden.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

The Wandering Pit said...

looking at the recipe for the Valentine´s Day fairy cakes/cupcakes. What kind of chocolate covered sweets did you use in this recipe? In Spanish it translates as "gummy sweets" but I can´t think of any gummy sweets that are covered in chocolate! I´d be grateful if you could help me out with this translation/language prob!

sadie said...

it all sounds gorgeous, and I bet it looked lovely too.

x

Tracy Golightly-Garcia said...

Hello Hannah

It all looks and sounds good! I would love to have orange jelly--ummm good.

Best
Tracy :)

Figs, Bay, Wine said...

What a treat! Those violet jellies would have been my favorite too. I don't eat nearly enough jelly. Lucy has the flu, and I've been trying to persuade her, but she doesn't get what she's missing yet.

sadie said...

I bought the Laduree book you mentioned a couple of posts ago, I couldn't resist. Until you mentioned it, I had no idea that they had a recipe book out. And you are right. It is well worth the money. Such a beautiful book.

Question for you. Do you have any idea where I can source rose syrup? I have water, but not sure where I can get syrup from.

Have a lovely weekend x