Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Wednesday 5 January 2011

Lying in bed with flu was not quite the start to 2011 I had in mind - my birthday and New Years Eve passed me by in a swathe of sneezes and coughs - very sad but luckily I am on the mend now - I think I will have to take a leaf out of the Queen's book and celebrate a second birthday later this year. I think my cooking genes must have left me to as I have not cooked a single thing since 23rd December - that is two weeks with no cooking and surely a record for me. Anyway - to nicer things and Christmas presents - a few of which deserve a special mention. My friend Lucy decided that we would all make home made presents this year - this seemed like a great idea in October which she suggested it but not so great the week before Christmas when I had to try and pursuade Sacha to make his presents. In the end he made jars of home made Garam Masala and we attached his curry recipe to each with a ribbon - they looked great and were well received. For our homemade gift from Lucy's partner David we received a most special present - a piece of music which he had composed for us - a Christmas lullaby for harp, which I will enjoy learning to play. David used to be the organist at York Minster so is super talented and the piece is beautiful. Lucy had been clicking her knitting needles very rapidly and made some lovely socks and Christmas tree decorations and for my birthday - a beautiful strawberry teacosy for my collection. Thank you so much Lucy and David so such very thoughtful presents xxx

1 comment:

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Get well soon! Happy Belated Birthday and Happy New Year!