Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Friday 5 August 2011

I have recently discovered these Smoking Bags - if you like smoked food then you simply have to try these. The bag is a double lined foil bag with the outer layer filled with either Alder or Hicory smoking chips. You simply pop your food for smoking inside the bag and bake in the oven or on top of a BBQ. Fish and chicken work really well but my favourite is new potatoes, with olive oil, whole garlic cloves, a few sprigs of rosemary and some freshly ground salt and pepper. Baked for about 40 minutes until the potatoes are soft in a hot oven and then tip the contents of the bag into a roasting pan and roast for a further 20 minutes to crisp the skins. These are roast potato heaven!!!! At £3.25 a bag these a such good value for a reall different food tasting experience. They are available on line and in outdoor type shops - I found mine in a department store in Holt in Norfolk! I cannot recommend them enough!



No comments: